- Teen Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Tobacco Free College Campuses Resources, Tools and Support to Keep Students Healthy at School
- Cocaine Addiction Recovery and Signs of Cocaine Use
- College Drinking Changes the Culture
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Drug Rehab Connections
- The Link Between Childhood Trauma And Addiction In Adulthood
- Office of Epidemiology and Scientific Support
- Is My Teen Using Drugs? A Guide to the Signs of Drug Use in Teens.
- Understanding Chemical Addiction
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Services
- Fentanyl: The Real Deal
- Drug Abuse Statistics
- Teen Drug Abuse and Addiction
- The Ultimate Do’s and Don’ts Guide for Talking to Your Kids about Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Addiction Resources
- Alcohol Addiction: Signs, Symptoms, Help & Resources
- Alcohol Awareness Bulletin
- The Friends and Family Treatment Portal
- Are you up to date on Marijuana Policy?
- Recognizing, Understanding and Combatting Alcohol & Drug Abuse on Campus
- Effects of Illegal Drugs on the Heart
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Substance Abuse
- Dr Robert DuPont Addresses 2017 Forum Attendees
- The Sobering Consequences of Underage Drinking
- A Substance Abuse Guide for Parents
- Dr. Madras discussed the importance of using science to inform the public about marijuana’s harm
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids
- American Lung Association
- Parents Guide to Talking to Their Kids About Addiction
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- Examining Factors Impacting Early Use of Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Drugs of Abuse
- Let’s Face It: Start the conversation about underage drinking
- Prevent Underage Drinking
- Common Drug Slang
- How to talk to your child about substance abuse
- Alcohol Rehab Guide.
- Treatment facilities in Helena and the northwest
- Start Your Recovery
- How to Create a Productive Dialog About Addiction
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Holistic approach to the addiction recovery process
- A guide for finding the right place after recovery
- Public Health Surveillance and Alcohol-Related Injuries
- How do I know if I have a problem with substance use?
While some PARENTS feel they lose their ability to control their children’s behavior during adolescence, research tells us the number one reason kids tell us they don’t drink is because they know their parents will disapprove of their decision.
- Do your kids know you disapprove of their choice to use substances including alcohol?
- Would they know what to do if they found themselves at a gathering where alcohol was being served?
- Would they know what to expect if they called you for help?
- Would they know what your consequences would be if you discovered they were using substances?
- Do your kids receive confusing messages regarding substance use by adults in their lives?
Intervention & Treatment
Is it time to talk to your child about their substance use?
As with every health condition, decreasing stress and boosting one’s immunity and psychological resilience can help the body cope better, heal more quickly, and maintain health.